Sunday, March 23, 2014

Because I'm Happyyyyyy...I Mean Why Not Be?

So this week was a double dose doozie; the first day of spring and International Happy Day (IHP).  If you haven’t noticed by now I celebrate a lot of non-national holidays.  I’m  so happy I"m borderline Matthieu Ricard, but with more sass.  Now IHP is officially a Throwback Thursday moment, but doesn't mean your happiness stops, soooo...here's some suggestions to keep it going:

1.  Join the  Campaign-Pharrell Williams and United Nations Foundation is encouraging people to post a YouTube or Instagram video dancing and singing, and you might be the lucky winner to be featured on his 24hoursofhappiness.comI know it’s contagious you can’t help but to clap, tap a foot, or even do a jig to this funky beat song, Happy.  I’m singing it now just thinking about it.   Regardless if you win or not or missed the submission date, at least you had a good time performing for close families and friends. 


2.  Chocolate- If it wasn't for Pharrell, chocolate would've been my 1st choice, surely if it was up to MIFM, click here.  Now research proved dark chocolate is the best to receive that tingling of happiness and loose weight; but who wouldn't like milk and white chocolate, with caramel, in cake form, brownies, (salivating right now) chocolate fountains, or hot chocolate yes, even in the spring time.

3.  No Yelling At Your Kids...Or Not As Much Anyway- Gretchen Rubin mentioned it in her blog The Happiness Project.  If you don’t have kids, shoot let it be your brothers, sisters, a little person, or anyone that you think from time to time acts kid like.  FYI intense talk, Renita, …talking through you teeth, or giving that signature look letting them know you going to get in their tail in a minute if they keep trying you, counts too.  I know I’m guilty of it.  I have a teenager, I get it, I would’ve had an intense conversation today if it wasn’t for IHP, or like my son said, because he was sick.    Frankly, yelling at him just gave me gray hairs and a narrower path to cardiac arrest.  I want to rightfully earn my son taking care of me when I’m rocking Depends.  Besides if you really listen to them you’ll realize they are quite funny and enlightening.



4.  Spread the Happiness- It's always nice to share it with someone too.  It doesn't have to be someone you know or some huge gesture either.  It can be a simple smile, write a note showing your gratitude to someone, or build a whole new water pipe system in a third world country.  Bottom line is don't be stingy with it.


5.  
Laugh- Yes, it’s allowed.  Rather you have all your teeth in your mouth, or not, laughing is good for the soul.  Find the joke of the day, watch a funny clip on YouTube, or go back down memory lane.  I'm sure there are enough social media or Throw Back Thursday #TBT post that you can get your  Michael Jackson on by Remember the Times.  I know I laughed at many of my past moments.  



6.  Try to Incorporate Something You Love Everyday- Have something that no matter what you look forward to it, and it never gets old. It could be kissing your love ones when you get home, dancing in the mirror to your favorite song, trying something new, or working towards an ultimate goal.  It always starts with an effort.



Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment