Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Just Me & My Work Hubby


I think Shawn Carter, aka
Jay-Z aka H.O.V.A. etc...said it best when he introduced his profound love for Beyonce in  hip-hop hit "03" Bonnie & Clyde, "All I need in this life of sin is me and my girl friend..."(knees slightly bent bouncing swaying side to side while making some weird rap hand gestures near my face loll).  However, when you're working a 9 to 5...you don't need the ride or die boo...but, more of the person to remind you of your 10 AM meeting on a Monday.   Dun ta da da dun to da da (in my best Superman hero theme voice), this is a job for your Work Spouse... hands on hips "S" on the chest


I saw a TV episode of Happy Endings, totally recommended on Tuesdays at 9/8 central on ABC; hilarious. The married couple had work spouses...the couple to the far left
  


Now, you may not realize that you have a work hubby or wifey, but believe me, the rest of your co-workers will definitely notice and point it out.  If you, and a co-worker fall in at least 3 of the categories below...it's official you have a work spouse.


1.  You depend on a particular co-worker for office supplies, snacks and aspirin.-I can't tell you how many times this comes in handy...because not only is the imp at my home stealing my accessories and clothes, but she's at my desk and sometimes steals pens and highlighters. 

2. There are inside jokes that you and a specific co-worker share.-This is all the time.  You will see a blog of my work husband's Schmidt Moments rotfl...you will probably only get this if you seen New Girl, Tuesdays on FOX 9/8 central...believe me I have hard time choosing between, Happy Endings and New Girl.  Decisions decisions which one will be live or On Demand.

3. You can be bluntly honest with this person about his or her appearance, hygiene or hair (and vice versa).-Due to me stating "are you trying to fit another person in your pants, he bought a new pair of slacks for work that fit.  In return I didn't snap when he pointed out my three gray hairs at the lunch table; yesterday...remember honesty is the best policy.

4.  In a group of co-workers you two may tend to forget that there are other people in the crowd to converse with-My work hubby and I were considered to be Martin and Gina...while the third wheel was Pam...not intentionally. Hopefully, those TV characters don't require an introduction.

5.  They are nine times out of ten the person you will experience your eventful moments during the work hours-Yep the time the entire Sandy Springs Police Station surrounded a Popeye's due to a potential stick up during my lunch hour, and I hid in the bathroom with my work hubby...yep shout out to my first work hubby in Georgia hugs hugs hugs...that was a possible ride or die moment lol.





This is my current work spouse (scroll up)...look at him diligently working...making changes in the world...he is aware that I took this picture other wise it will just be creepy.  We sit right next door to each other. Picture it similar to Tim and Wilson from Home Improvement (it's usually me that can't see over the wall...thank God for heels).  


I had a couple of work husbands, shout out to Louis & Christian. Due to moving, promotions, or being replaced by a new co-worker; they can come and go easily. It's okay though, they are easy to replace. Remember it’s not that serious...no liberation songs of I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor required if it doesn't work out.


 Instead of arguing over who gets the beach house in the Hamptons, it's more of the Office Depot catalog and the remaining paper clips at the bottom of the drawer.  Yes, embrace it. It's the healthiest and perfect relationship. 

Thanks for tuning in, and you will hear from me soon.

7 comments:

  1. This was really interesting. It's funny how you can work with a person so long and not realize how close you become with a person that was once a complete stranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keitra...I'm happy you enjoyed it...please obtain future updates by subscribing or join via email. Hope all is well with you...oh yeah by the way I'm liking the natural look two thumbs up!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kenny...please subscribe to obtain future updates. :)

      Delete
  3. so that makes JOHN MY WORK HUBBY...OMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you two have been married for over 10 years now lol...

      Delete
  4. Great blog Francine, I havea work hubby too and I bet you know who it is:)

    ReplyDelete