Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love Jones In My Bones...Not!!!





"This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you,” in my best Larenz Tate voice.  The words I've been waiting to hear all night...shoot all my life.  The movie, now turned into a play, Love Jones (singing to myself..."gotta love Jones for youuuuuu...oooo").  Yes! I'm going...let's play it out:

1.  Ticket bought in advance...check...only 20 bucks can't beat it.

2.  Okay, Saturday is here... inhale... exhale.  Going to be punctual.  I've been talking about this show for a week now.  Shower is running at 3:45 pm...3 hours and 15 minutes before the show starts. Karaoke moment in full sway."The sweetest thing I ever known, it's like a kiss on a collar bone."  Lauryn Hill can sing it better, but I'm her fill in for now.

3.  4:15 I think I want to do a Mohawk...okay twist twist twist...bobbi pin it...mmmmmm...not feeling it...take it down...okay twist twist twist...bobbi pin it to the side...mmmm...tweak it tweak it.  Perfect!  (“They say I'm hopeless like a penny with a hole it,”sing it Dionne Farris.)

4.  5:00 okay what to wear?  Where is that one top that I had..."Niiiiiiigelllllll!!!?” Do you know where my blue top is?"  Man I don't have anything to wear.  Okay let's try these pants with this shirt...hold on where's my gold belt...ughhhh I can't find it.  Man, I really wanted to wear those earrings...I can't find them either...damn imp again.  "Niiiiigellll!”  “Have you seen, .oh never mind, I found it"...Oh $h!t it's 5:30..."Nigel, Nigelllll have you seen those one  shoes?"

5.  5:55 oh shoot, I have to get out of here!  Just pick something.  Oh...perfect.  Why didn't  I choose this a long time ago.  "Nigel, how I look?"  Perfect, now I just need to find my scarf...

6.  6:10 pulling out of the garage.  No Francine, you do not have time to pick up the lipstick you saw at the corner Walgreens.  Be more concerned about directions.  You know you don't know how to get there.  Google maps, download address...come on come on...damn Wi-Fi never works over here.

7.  6:22 G-Map downloaded directions…32 minute ride...if I don't get lost.  Stop and go traffic.  Might as well use my time wisely, where's my massacre? Three strokes on each eyelash.  Fiddle through my purse...where's my lipstick?  Oh there it is...I love this color I didn't need that new stick after all.  

8. 6:28 Instagram!!!!

.  


9.  6:37 hopping on the highway ... and the express lanes are open.

10.  6:46 off the express way...review the directions again..Looking for Morgan St.?  Dang it! I passed it.  Why didn't I turn on the navigational system?  The chic always explains the directions better.  Okay turn around...you are 2 minutes away.

11.  6:49 park it.
  
12.  6:53 made it...still looking good girl.  Approaching the box office, and I'm on time.  "Name please," she states.  "Clyburn, Francine Clyburn, here's my confirmation." Totally excited.  With my eyes closed, bobbing my head side to side, and tuning the world out.  "Ma'am...ma'am...Ms. Clyburn." Tune back in Francine.  She states, "I'm sorry to inform you ma'am, but the performance over sold, and we are unable to provide you with a seat for tonight's show.”(did this women just call me ma’am… seriously).

12.  6:55 "Are you kidding me, but I bought my tickets in advance, and I’m on time."  “I apologize ma'am, (she is calling me ma’am…flip the table over…flip it), but you should have received an email. “We'll refund the $20 in your account within 48 hours."

13.  I didn't get to see my imitation Nina and Darius tonight.  Luckily, I have it on DVD.  Note to self...I didn't get an email.  Best believe I will be saying something about my $20.00.

Til next time...stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. them boots -- bring them when you come home for Christmas...rotf

    ReplyDelete