Sunday, January 6, 2013

PLEASE DON’T STOP THE MUSIC



OMG! OMG! OMG!  I just started 2013 off so right.  Two years ago I found this spot, all thanks to YELP and GOOGLE, called Dance Dance Party Party (DDPP)!  I know…what is this you ask? It’s a God sent. ..surely for me.  Ever since I was a little girl I mean I knew every single dance to every dance movie there was.  Dirty Dancing, What’s Love Got To Do With It, and my all time favorite the Josephine Baker Story…that’s only to name a few.  Do not get it twisted…I know what you're thinking.  Josephine Baker?  Why?  Before Mini Me 1 & 2 showed up on my chest, I would have put my Chiquita banana skirt on and danced across a stage in front of millions too...if I had one.  Unfortunately, now the Ta-Tas are not the same and I’m more fearful of losing an eye if I let these bad babies out.

Anyway back to my story… I finally decided to try this place out for the first time.  Dance Dance Party Party is where you can just let loose and dance anyway the music takes you.  No worries of people judging you and looking at you weird.  There’s no guys, apologize gentlemen; no booze…just you and the music…and of course whoever else is in the class, but believe me they are not paying you any mind because they are too busy getting their boogie on too.  Since I’m on this whole getting fit kick, get updated from the last blog Show Me What You Working With, I had to find a fun way to shed these pounds without getting bored.  DDPP showed me the light.  It was like God heard my prayers and the heavens opened…angels singing in harmony...Awwwwwwwww.



From high school to college, I was always the friend, surely if I paid money to get into a party; who will be on the dance floor from the time I got there to the time I was about to leave.  I didn't care if I was dancing with somebody or by myself.  You better know if it was my jam, oh I was on the floor.  I didn't even need to be inebriated…shoot bump a bar. When I was younger dancing to Miss Jackson was my first love.  “If” and “Pleasure Principles were my jams.  I’m a little bit of a narcissist  why wouldn't I enjoy dancing in mirrors all  day.  Then Jennifer Lopez came out with that song "Get Right", I use to put my son on the bus, and rush home to catch the video in the morning.  I will have my heels and shorts on dancing with the kitchen broom.  I mean I was working it…better believe it…it was just that serious.




As I get older, containing myself is even harder.  I've gotten to the point where I don’t care what people think of me.  I'm my daddies' child, and love the fact that I will know when I hear a U2, Blondie beat, or the guy who sings “I Wear My Sunglasses at Night,” on the music box at the local grocery store.  I will literally break out in a full pirouette in aisle 5, with jazz hands.   I don’t care if I’m on the Southside, Westside, or Northside of Chicago, or Alton, STL or ATL…if you get the point.  I will do it, maybe not so perfect, and sometimes in song.  Now my son is totally embarrassed at this and usually walks off and disowns me, but sometimes I get an audience.  The mother pushing her baby in the cart or the stock boys usually sing along with me.  Regardless I’m in the moment, feeling it, with long hair, and don’t care. 

Just in case you didn't know them...

U2..."With Or Without You"
The Guy who sings " I Wear My Sunglasses" lol...I don't know his name but I love the song...it's on the album cover.
Blondie "Call Me"

I went and bought my first pair of leg warmers to go with my leggings, cut off sweater, and 4 inch heels.  I know what you're thinking HEELS?  Yes, I said heels; good for them calf muscles…shoot Tina Turner didn’t get them legs by walking around in flats, Boo.  


From 4 to 5 pm on the dot… I was in a room with women from 18 to 65...literally Age Ain't Nuthin, but a Number...dancing showing my thighs who's boss lol.  They played everything from folklore gospel to top 40, and I danced to everyone like I knew them all.  Again, I have a small hint of narcissism, so you know I danced right in front of the mirror. I will not only hit the cabbage patch, shoulder shrug two step, and running man, but I will sing too...mind you jazz hands with a couple of shimmies were included.   I will start the church clap, you know the single clap followed up with a double clap.  Every choir had at least one member who did it, sometimes not always on beat lol.  However, the other chicas will join right along with me.  I danced so hard, but I kept my heels on though...well at least until the last song anyway.  I gave Beyonce a run for her money…where them $$ at lol.  I left there full of energy!  I was on FIRE! Hopefully the pic below gives you a good example of what I mean...they wouldn't let me take pictures inside the place :( :)


Needless to say, I was definitely motivated and next Sunday can’t come fast enough.  Don’t get me wrong I can’t promise that I won’t embarrass my family and friends in public any longer.  However, I can promise I am a dedicated member to DDPP.  The best $5 I will ever spend.  The lucky thing about this place is that they are just not in Chicago…Ladies hold on to your extensions…this place is NATIONWIDE & INTERNATIONAL AHHHHHH!!!!!  If you don’t have one in your city you can start it easily by visiting this website dancedancepartyparty.com…I’m not crazy this really does exist.  It’s so serious; I didn't even start my car before I submitted my email to DJ for my birthday weekend. January 27th, it's official, I'll blog my play list, but FYI my actual birthday is on Jan. 25th...just in case you want to post on my FB page.  I’m going to show these ladies how an Aquarius rocks it!  Oh yeah, I need a cool DJ name for when I put my mix on the ones and twos lol...opinions welcome..




Until Next Time…Stay Tuned!!!


4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! It was great to get down with you, Francine. Glad you found a good dancin' home with us at DDPP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison...thank you for the post and taking the time to read my blog. Looking forward to seeing you soon at DDPP.

      Delete
  2. Hi Francine! I'm DJ Chelles Bells and I was the DJ the night you went. You were insane on the dancefloor! It makes making the playlists so worth it when you see girls getting down! Hope to see you at another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DJ Chelle thank you for reading my blog can't wait to see u on Sunday. Please subscribe to receive future bogs.

      Delete