Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cupid, Hit Me With Your Best Shot


Recently, my friend, Allison, and I started going to the gym at work.  We came across Competitor Magazine, which inspires people to become a modern day Forrest Gump/Gladiator via running.  By the way, we are not that eager to exercise where we have to read about it for motivation. 

With that being said, we were really interested in the Cuipid's Undie Run article.  It's a marathon held in multiple cities, where people run for 1 mile…is that still a marathon or is it just a sprint…hmmm? Anyway, the fundraiser is a big eye catcher because the runners do it in their underwear; and the proceeds go towards the Children's Tumor Foundation.  


 I  know, adults, regardless of shape and size ; running around in bloomers.  I'm sure the children are suffering enough.  On the other hand, anytime somebody runs in their Joe Boxer and Victoria Secrete panties, you know they love the kids.   Being the philanthropist I am…no, that wasn't a joke…I decided to buy my red and pink lingerie; and run in the streets of Chicago on Valentines Day with the best of them.


In my head Chariots of Fire’s theme song is playing…you know...the song that always played in the movies when people were running in slow motion towards something or someone.  Just in case you still acting brand new, I attached the  MP3  below...push play now, just let it play.  
1


large crowd of people, standing on the sidelines, are cheering the good-hearted runners on.  You would've thought we were in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.  I saw myself, and friends too, running in slow motion with fist pumps.  We're full of smiles, and not worried about the cold breeze hardening or deflating certain body parts.  The adrenaline is pumping through our veins.  Although it's 14 degrees, our hearts are beating out of our chest.  

We make it to the half-way mark, and I'm starting to realize I bit off more than I could chew...okay it might of been a quarter of a mile. Then my Janet Jackson moment happens, and I’m not talking about her Janet, World Tour "That's The Way LOVE Goes".    My right nip nip makes its headliner appearance.  It pops out of my bra, sports bra, and tube top.  Due to my substantial velocity this  nipple pops me dead in my eye...OUCH!!!  The lefty is only hanging in by a thread, and not wanting to be left out her nip nip smacks my bottom lip.  I went from curing tumors to looking like I have the "bum bump" and a bad case of pink eye.

It made me wonder, how could I participate in Cupid's Undie Run and still rock a banging eye patch?



I could  call myself the "Govenor" from 
Walking Dead


Walk around yelling HAROOOT, HAROOOT! like the mighty Spartans in 300 ...Omg I can't wait til the sequel!

Sing I Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg around the office like  Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez , but expect Human Resources to come to my desk.


Yell at people if they confuse my name with another, like Samuel L. Jackson...in my sarcastic chuckle...ha ha hah you thought I was who...Laurence Fishburne?  Eat the got damn cake Anna May!

I'm able to admit; I'm not able pull off the adorned eye lid, however, I'm rooting for the kids and runners from the sidelines.  Happy Valentines Day everybody XOXOXO!!!!!  



Until Next Time….






No comments:

Post a Comment