Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rock Steady...Woo!!

Another year is here…I cheered at the countdown, drunk the champagne, and danced the night away while watching people wear weird hats on their heads.  It's the Year of the Snake...don't freak out.   I think of it like the Aretha Franklin song, "Rock Steady," a year of moving forward at a steady progress and attention to details. 

As for me, it's another year to make the resolutions that I try so hard to keep, but soon get weary of them because they’re sooooooo typical.  I mean don’t get me wrong, I strive just like the next to stay healthy (mainly loose the Christmas weight added on last year and the year before that), save money, find Jesus, and love blah blah blah. They happen but just like my weight they fluctuate.  So instead of striving to do things that the norm is doing, I’m just going to do what I want to do.  I mean this is always been the case for the most part, but now without time restraints.  I'm just going to move my hips from left to right...what it is what it is what it is...rock steady baby.

So here we go!

1.  Prepare myself for Spain…ya’ll know I got Spaniard in my family lol.   I don't know eactly when I'm going, but I'm going to make it there.   I will purchase Rosetta Stone this year to become fluent in the Spanish language.  So instead of bumping Trinidad James “All Gold Everything” in my ears at work…I will annoy my fellow co-workers by repeating Dónde está el baño?…just in case you didn't know “Where is the bathroom?”  
The above picture is Trinidad James...i know..."Popping Mollys I'm sweating...Woo!"  Has anyone else noticed how big his nipples are...I know it's hard to focus on that.

"Ole!" Okay I promise I know at least four more words

         2.  Take dance lessons.  Okay don’t get me wrong as much as Dance Dance Party Party is letting me let loose, get caught up on my last blog Please Don’t Stop the Music;  I need to upgrade my booty shaking Janet Jackson shoulder shrug to more of an dance of art.  Maybe the tango or the samba…or whatever special they have on Groupon.

Okay the body is not quite there, but more feathers can handle that problem...thank youuuuuu Michael's.
Knowing me I will be more interested in doing this because of my fashionable stockings.
    3. Become fluent in Spanish, but curse in French.  Please don’t get me wrong I have tried to stop cursing for years, and it just doesn't  seem to work.  It’s terrible, I sound like I’m on an episode of Mob Wives.  Yes, I’m a PK, Hallelujah Saints! But as I tell my mother I walk along side of his footsteps not in them.  It will definitely sound sexier though if I can bring out my Lady Marmalade, without being so vulgar.

Voo doo de da  something something shin swah shin swah ...okay I don't know the words but what else is new.

4.  Finish my jewelery box.  Okay in March, of last year, I was on this whole DIY kick.  I went to Home Depot, bought paint, filing boards, and had a man measure and cut board up for me.   All this because I saw a magazine on how to create cute accessory boxes from things you already have at home.  Well I didn't have the bamboo trays at home, and I surely wasn't going to pay $20.00 for them.   Needless to say, the so called jewelery box is on my back porch in pieces, and I got an organizer from Target.

It took to long for the paint to dry...I think that's what lost me.
     5.  Take tons of pictures…develop them…and put them in photo albums...real physical albums, not digital.  As much as I love InstaGram and FaceBook, I'm bringing Polaroids back son...In my best NY swagger voice.  I want to be the ancestor who has the 100 year old picture that has to be refurbished in order to pass from generation to generation...you know with the huge gold bronze frame.  I think it will be a better feeling than the internet passing you along through Tags.

Okay this pic was take in 2003, but it's definetly a throwback.
     6.  Finish the book Eat Pray Love….I love the movie…seen it multiple times, but just picked up the book last week.   I have 50 weeks to finish it.  I'm sure there is some local BYOB that will allow me to Eat, Drink Read...hmmmm....possibly a new title.  I will stay committed to my goal to switch to red instead of white, follow up on my previous blog Show Me What Your Working With.  Hopefully, my so called ADHD will be tamed for the moment.  Now I have to finish it so I can have something to blog about.

Since I saw the movie I can totally put faces with name.

       7.   Finally hydration. I have come to the conclusion that this “might” be the way I die if I don’t do more of it.   I do not like the taste of water...I know I know it doest have a taste,,,,that's the problem. And it’s not what you think, I don’t drink pop or juice, it's a waste of money because my family will drink it in one day...what do you expect I have 14 year old.  I’m literally just dehydrated.  Put it like this, while women chill out in the sauna and sweat their pounds away, I sit in there and come out with third degree burns...okay sometimes I exaggerate, but I'm defintely sun burned.  It’s getting ridiculous.  I don’t like the taste of it, but the chore of going to the restroom three times in an hour is even more exhausting.

  
See just looking at this is making me have to go...
     Well hopefully this list is not too strenuous and overwhelming. Rosetta Stone alone isn't cheap; I might just have to consider speaking Spanish to Louis at work, instead.  Most of all I'm going to really enjoy blogging about this year.  I really appreciate everybody reading Tune In Mi Head, and I hope your 2013 is prosperous too.


Until next time…stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment