Sunday, January 20, 2013

Encore Love Jones Encore!


So remember my previous blog, I Got A Love Jones…Not, all about my experience on seeing one of my all time favorite movies turned into a stage play.  Well unfortunately, I didn't see it then, but needless to say I saw it on Saturday, and absolutely loved it.  The play was great because it just reenacted this roller coaster ride called love.  What’s even weirder about it is that I hate roller coasters, but love the idea of being in love.  I think my girl Rihanna said it best I’m drunk on it.  Wow…I see myself really opening up to you guys...I might need to rethink this lol.



"Gone With the Wind Fablous"
Anyway, I liked how it related to the current times by adding social media.  It’s not like the movie is Gone With the Wind old, but it did come out in 1997, and so much has changed since then. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.,  have their share of drama in people's love life.  They just add another loop or 100 foot drop to the roller coaster.   You know back in my day…lol I had to laugh at that…gossip was the destroyer of the relationship, and it might have only stayed within the group of possibly 10 to 15 people.  But with the help of FB that all changed…now you can simply Google a couple and there will be some type of link directed to a social media page. It’s like living in a small town with a population of a million. 

Just scream all the way down
Anyway, I've been in love...some good, complicated, or I just want, notice present tense now; to jump out of plane without a parachute.  Again remember, I’m a little bit over the top these are feelings not reality...somewhat.  I never give up on it though, because I think I deserve it just like the next.  Some might think that I’m living in a fantasy world because I think my love life should be like a movie.  I don’t mean Menace II Society love either…which I think is crazy because some people actually relate to that type of love and respect that more than the Notebook or Ghost.  Duuuuhhhhhh why wouldn't I want to believe that I will be a happy widow seeing my husband coming back to life through a body of Whoopi.  I understand that all relationships should have ups and downs so it can be appreciated more.  But I don’t believe your downs should be the highlight….is that crazy to think that way…hmmm…I ponder.

One of my favorite scenes


In the play they mentioned this saying “YOLO” You Only Live Once....which now I believe I'm quoting Drake...smh.  Obviously in my second life I’m coming back as tree only loving summer and spring seasons, but until that happens this is the only life I’m concerned about right now.  So I’m going to continue letting love knock on my door, and letting it in.  If it works… it works, but if it doesn't  it won’t stop me from living…FACT.  I’m happy I had the chance to see the stage play of Love Jones and shout out to Margaret Mahdi and The Mahdi Theater Company for putting together an awesome show.  It’s nice to see that other people are drunk on this thing called LOVE too

Until next time...stay tuned.





  

1 comment: